Thursday, April 4, 2013

Truth, Lies & The Do Nothing Inn


Truth, Lies & The Do Nothing Inn

This blog actually started out yesterday, April 3, 2013, while visiting with a dear friend and sister in Yeshua (Jesus).  We had planned to work but soon realized that both of us were in need of some time to relax, rest and break bread together.  I had joked with her (but meant with seriousness) that my home should be renamed the “Do Nothing Inn” because I invite people to “come INN” and “do nothing.”  I say that because I want them to feel safe, in a peaceful environment under the control of the Holy Spirit; and to be able to be on one accord in the love of Yeshua (Jesus), sharing together, praying together, and of course for me, I personally love to express my love by blessing them with a good meal. 

In the course of our conversation, I began to reflect on the condition of this sin-filled and fallen world that we are sojourning through…with the final destination being Eternity with our Savior and Redeemer, Yeshua.   In sharing about the lies and deception that permeate every square inch of this world; which has kept so many from coming to truth, one thing led to the next, and the beginnings of this blog began to manifest.  So, here it is…

The truth is the truth.  Truth does not change – it stands and it does not waiver.  However, lies always do waiver – the story always changes with a lie, the actions are uncertain with a lie – a lie is unreliable.

If you have ever dealt with an unreliable person, they are probably a person who lies a lot.  Likewise, your experience with dealing with dependable people, are probably those who do not lie as a habit, nor lifestyle.

We all are guilty of being in a place of deception, especially when we’re unwilling to face and acknowledge certain realities.    

Unfortunately, we are masters at going in the way of lying, especially as it relates to ourselves.  You know how the old adage goes, it’s hard to find anything wrong with ourselves when we compare ourselves to ourselves; and others.  But when we compare and examine our lives before a Holy GOD, before His word, we will soon find we’re not all that we had deceived ourselves into thinking what we were.  As of matter of fact, when done in sincerity, it is quite the humbling and breaking experience as recorded in the prayer petitioned to GOD in Psalms 119:28-30:

28 My soul melts from heaviness;
Strengthen me according to Your word.
29 Remove from me the way of lying,

And grant me Your law graciously.
30 I have chosen the way of truth;
Your judgments I have laid before me.

The next day during the afternoon, I was compelled to pray, as a spirit of heaviness was coming over me (again); as I’m in a season of some serious trials and testings…which is teaching me an even greater level of obedience and surrender (thank GOD).  I know in the LORD’s time, this season will ease, and I will be refreshed and restored.    And, had it not been for this season, this revelation would have not come to me, nor would I have been prompted to share it with you.  So I  hope more than anything that it ministers to your spirit as much as it has mine.

As I was before the true and living and only AWESOME God, ELOHIM, pouring out my heart to Him about the concerns of my heart, asking Him to renew His right spirit in me, He began to  bring to my  mind, would I lament and cry out for the troubles of the Body of Messiah with the same passion and concern as I do for my woes?  This was a big Selah/Ah-Haa!  moment for me; and my tears immediately stopped flowing for my situation and shifted to the Body of Messiah.  For if one of us is out of order, it affects the entire Body.  Yeshua is our great burden bearer, but we must lament and intercede before the LORD for our brothers and sisters in Yeshua.  There is so much wickedness and corruption in the Body, that it’s no small wonder that the Holy Spirit is grieved with us.

11 And He Himself gave some to be apostles, some prophets, some evangelists, and some pastors and teachers, 12 for the equipping of the saints for the work of ministry, for the edifying of the body of Messiah (Christ), 13 till we all come to the unity of the faith and of the knowledge of the Son of God, to a perfect man, to the measure of the stature of the fullness of the Messiah; 14 that we should no longer be children, tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness of deceitful plotting, 15 but, speaking the truth in love, may grow up in all things into Him who is the head—Messiah— 16 from whom the whole body, joined and knit together by what every joint supplies, according to the effective working by which every part does its share, causes growth of the body for the edifying of itself in love.  (Ephesians 4:11-18)

25 Therefore, putting away lying, Let each one of you speak truth with his neighbor,” for we are members of one another. 26 “Be angry, and do not sin”: do not let the sun go down on your wrath, 27 nor give place to the devil. 28 Let him who stole steal no longer, but rather let him labor, working with his hands what is good, that he may have something to give him who has need. 29 Let no corrupt word proceed out of your mouth, but what is good for necessary edification, that it may impart grace to the hearers. 30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. 31 Let all bitterness, wrath, anger, clamor, and evil speaking be put away from you, with all malice. 32 And be kind to one another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God in the Messiah (Christ) forgave you.  (Ephesians 4:25-32)

We should deal with our junk, mess and anger before we sleep – deal with it from a place of truth.  If we need to apologize, then do so.  If we need to forgive, then do so.  If we need to give something that we have withheld from those who were in need, then give.   Just as we are grieved by our own personal situations, let us be EVEN MORE SO GRIEVED, when WE cause grief to the Holy Spirit, as noted in Ephesians 4:30-32 noted above.

In His name (Yeshua), may you be blessed to come to full truth in all of your ways – forsaking the counting on your own understandings, and having a renewed mind and spirit, to rely and apply His word to your life daily.

Much love to all who are like-minded in faith; and those on the outside too.

py thomas © April 4, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment