Tuesday, April 23, 2013

The Account of a Squeezed Grape


The Account of a Squeezed Grape

By py thomas © April 23, 2013

 “I trusted (Adonai ELOHIM, the LORD GOD), therefore I spoke.”

 
This blog is about the squeezing of the grape named, “py thomas”, one of ADONAI’s (the LORD’s) maidservants.  It is my prayer and hope that those of you reading this will find a measure of encouragement; and that the scriptures contained will accomplish the LORD’s purposes for your lives.

As the trial and tests continue, like a grape, the blood of the grape is being squeezed out of me.  My reassurance and comfort is that it is the blood of Yeshua (Jesus), cleansing me daily, creating a clean heart within me, “renewing His right spirit in me” as I am continuously being challenged to die to self daily –not just as a mental exercise, but truly in every way.  Albeit painful at times, the pain comes from those moments of resistance I have of dying to self.  Yes, I too like the rest of mankind suffer from this condition. 

However, I’ve come to realize that resistance is just that, it resists, causes strain; and intensifies and heightens sensitivities until that which is resistant finally surrenders to the direction it is being pulled.  (Nothing like a grape being squeezed until its blood refreshes and renews.)  I now liken this experience to a blood transfusion for those who delight in the “fruits of the spirit” we have received from Yeshua upon our profession of faith, and entering into the covenant of salvation.
A season of trials and storms are allowed in our lives to test, refine and strip us bare before ADONAI so He can remold and pattern us after Yeshua.  These storms are sent to test what is in our hearts - the unveiling of that which is lacking, and that which needs to be removed.   Like Job of the Bible, one will find that the Adversary Satan appears to have an unlimited number of people and resources he accesses to be the accusers against us - lined up with swelling words of emptiness, to frustrate and distract us.  They stand afar off, yet closely pointing fingers…bound by what Yeshua sternly rebuked the Pharisees for being loyal to the “traditions of men;” and thereby profaning the LORD’s commandments (see Matthew 15:1-11) – they are the “human ostriches” that dwell among us.  But really, who can dictate or change what YHWH has already established? No one.
  
As we are being called up higher during the seasons of testing, we need to be mindful that the Adversary will come at us from different angles to try and hinder and distract the work of the Holy Spirit in us.  All the more reason to press in closer to ADONAI – to allow ourselves to be like squeezed grapes.

Unfortunately, when any of us are in this state, we become the ones that the Adversary uses like SCUD missiles and “fiery darts” against their own brothers and sisters in Yeshua (and yes, we’ve all been guilty of this, including yours truly).  However, I thank ADONAI for His armor, especially the “shield of faith that quenches” and extinguishes all of the fiery darts of the Enemy, and convicts me to remember to forgive and pray for them (yes, there is humbling in this for the ones enduring the attacks).  Truly, we don’t fight against flesh and blood, but against powers and principalities in the spirit realm.  Selah.
Like Job of the Bible, I am tasked by ELOHIM to intercede for the “SCUD missile people” and “fiery dart shooters”  in the bareness and humbling of my situation.  As for all of my accusers and nay-sayers, I know that Adonai ELOHIM shall vindicate His name in my life as I stand on His promises and obey.  For while I’m being stripped bare, I’m day-by-day being clothed in Yeshua’s righteousness, which again requires  my being willing to surrender to love them beyond their faults, just as Yeshua loves me beyond mine. 

So here this grape named, “py thomas,” hangs from the vine exposed to the Lord Yeshua; and being molded to love the unlovable, those who persecute me, those who despitefully use me, and the accusers and criticizers of the sons and daughters of the Almighty GOD, ELOHIM.  Selah.
Even though backed up against every wall (except sickness…thank YHWH for His mercy); and I have resolved to yet continue to proclaim the goodness of YHWH in the land of the living.  Although, pressed down on every side, but not crushed, so I persevere in the strength of Yeshua – for truly I’m weak, but do know that in my weakness, Yeshua is my strength.  All the more reason I cry out to Him - He is my help and strength - ever present; and my peace.

The Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) continues to teach what the “traditions of men” will never do.  I will stand on His word and nothing else.  For what can man do to me!  Truly through being bared naked to mortal’s ridicule will I most assuredly seek Adonai ELOHIM Tzvaot (the LORD of Hosts) to prepare a table before me in their presence.   He fights all of my battles; and so I will serve ELOHIM that much more.  I look forward with great expectation and hope to proclaiming the victory which He has promised me, the irrefutable testimony of His mighty power and authority over all that concerns His sons and daughters.  Above all things, I rejoice that I’ve been numbered among by the covenant of salvation through Yeshua Ha’Mashiach’s (the Messiah’s) shed blood.  A-mein!
No matter what the retaliation, YHWH is greater and His spirit that lives in me attests to this truth!

6 For it is the God who once said, “Let light shine out of darkness,” who has made His light shine in our hearts, the light of the knowledge of G-d’s glory shining in the face of the Messiah Yeshua.

7 But we have this treasure in clay jars, so that it will be evident that such overwhelming power comes from G-d and not from us. 8 We have all kinds of troubles, but we are not crushed; we are perplexed, yet not in despair; 9 persecuted, yet not abandoned; knocked down, yet not destroyed. 10 We always carry in our bodies the dying of Yeshua, so that the life of Yeshua may be manifested in our bodies too. 11 For we who are alive are always being handed over to death for Yeshua’s sake, so that Yeshua’s life also might be manifested in our mortal bodies. 12 Thus death is at work in us, but life in you.

13 The Tanakh [Old Testament] says, “I trusted, therefore I spoke.”  Since we have that same Spirit who enables us to trust, we also trust and therefore speak; 14 because we know that He who raised the Lord Yeshua will also raise us with Yeshua and bring us along with you into His presence. 15 All this is for your sakes, so that as grace flows out to more and more people, it may cause thanksgiving to overflow and bring glory to GOD.  (2 Corinthians 4:6-15  CJB)

I proclaim that my head shall not hang low, but I will lift up my head because I have trusted and read His word  Psalm 116:5-11:

5 Adonai is merciful and righteous;
yes, our God is compassionate.
6 Adonai preserves the thoughtless;
when I was brought low, He saved me.
7 My soul, return to your rest!
For Adonai has been generous toward you.
8 Yes, you have rescued me from death,
my eyes from tears and my feet from falling.
9 I will go on walking in the presence of Adonai
in the lands of the living.
10 I will keep on trusting even when I say,
“I am utterly miserable,”
11 even when, in my panic, I declare,
“Everything human is deceptive.” (Psalm 116:5-11 CJB)

Although the Adversary the Devil continues to attempt to frustrate, intimidate and silence me, like the disciples of Yeshua before me, I know I have been counted worthy to suffer for His namesake, and will not stop teaching and proclaiming the Good News that Yeshua is the Messiah!  “For just as the Messiah’s sufferings overflow into us, so through the Messiah our encouragement also overflows.” (2 Corinthians 1:5)

40 And they agreed with him, and when they had called for the apostles and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Yeshua, and let them go. 41 So they departed from the presence of the council, rejoicing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for His name. 42 And daily in the temple, and in every house, they did not cease teaching and preaching Yeshua is the Messiah. (Acts 5:40-42 CJB)

When we get to the point that we finally realize it is not about us, but about Yeshua, we will take note and open our mind, body, soul and spirit to receive the revelation that the Apostle Paul shared in his letter of encouragement to Peter.  We can only rejoice in this and not be saddened or frightened when we are in a place of surrender, not bound by the “traditions of men,” loving and thinking more highly of ourselves than what is true. 

12 Beloved, do not think it strange concerning the fiery trial which is to try you, as though some strange thing happened to you; 13 but rejoice to the extent that you partake of Messiah’s sufferings, that when His glory is revealed, you may also be glad with exceeding joy. 14 If you are reproached for the name of Messiah, blessed are you, for the Spirit of glory and of God rests upon you. On their part He is blasphemed, but on your part He is glorified. 15 But let none of you suffer as a murderer, a thief, an evildoer, or as a busybody in other people’s matters. 16 Yet if anyone suffers as a Christian, let him not be ashamed, but let him glorify God in this matter.

17 For the time has come for judgment to begin at the house of God; and if it begins with us first, what will be the end of those who do not obey the gospel of God? 18 Now

“If the righteous one is scarcely saved,
Where will the ungodly and the sinner appear?”


19 Therefore let those who suffer according to the will of God commit their souls to Him in doing good, as to a faithful Creator. (1 Peter 4:12-19)


So the grape in me presses on towards the high mark of my calling, knowing that the trials and tests are preparing, strengthening and equipping me for all that is required out of my life for YHWH’s glory and namesake.   

If it had not been through this season of trials and tests, this “grape named py thomas,” I would not have written this blog.  It is because of the trials that I have drawn yet closer to ELOHIM to seek Him, His will, and His promises to His sons and daughters.  I pray that this blog which has been poured into me through the Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirity) to share will strengthen and encourage you and those you might share it with.

28 Furthermore, we know that God causes everything to work together for the good of those who love God and are called in accordance with his purpose; 29 because those whom he knew in advance, he also determined in advance would be conformed to the pattern of his Son, so that he might be the firstborn among many brothers; 30 and those whom he thus determined in advance, he also called; and those whom he called, he also caused to be considered righteous; and those whom he caused to be considered righteous he also glorified!

31 What, then, are we to say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? (Romans 8:28-31)


Yeshua is waiting with outstretched arms for you...won't you consider Him and allow Him in your heart today.  It is eternally life changing.

In Yeshua’s name  - the name above every name,

The Squeezed Grape named, “py thomas”
(c) April 23, 2013

 

No comments:

Post a Comment