Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Our Defense & YHWH's Verdict




   
“Splain it to me, Lucy” (in Ricky Ricardo voice)
by py thomas
© April 23, 2013

 During this season of the Counting of the Omer, I have discovered a truth about me in a particular area of my life that has been a major hindrance that perhaps may be a challenge for you, or others you may know. I felt this insight would be helpful to others, so I’m blogging about it, with the hope that it helps you or others you know who struggle with this same particular situation; ultimately find some help and deliverance, as I am now doing. One of the struggles I have, common to the human condition is the need I’ve had to always explain myself to others and trying to convince YHWH about what I want for myself and others.

 If you are numbered among those with this same challenge, stay tuned and keep reading...the "stake of Calvary" is on its way...

My mother once told me that I should have been a lawyer, as my natural proclivity is to defend my beliefs and convictions. This in itself is not a bad thing, but when taken out of context, as has been my tendency, it can at times be quite disastrous. And, I don’t know about you, but to be honest, at times it can make me my own worst enemy.  Not to mention that it has provided an access way for the Adversary the Devil to bring confusion and anxiety at my expense and others. Thus, this is my declaration of independence from the “un-united state of py thomas!”
As it relates to my walk of faith, ADONAI (GOD) can defend Himself, yet we are required to be able to give an account for what we believe (see 2 Timothy 2:15). The work of Ruach HaKodesh (Holy Spirit) will do the rest. “For the word of ADONAI is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” (Hebrews 4:12). With that level and intensity of cutting, trust me, His word will absolutely accomplish the purposes for the reason it is being spoken or sent to any of us. I am a witness to this in my own personal life, and have seen it occur in the lives of many others.

 The following is a great devotion from Pastor Jonathan Cahn from the September 2012 issue of “Sapphires” (September 6, 2012) that I believe completely and fully describes this affliction of mine (and perhaps yours)...

“Arguing at the Judge’s Bench”

“I only came to the Lord because I was nearly killed when I was 19 years old. I was hit by a locomotive train; and to add insult to injury, after being hit by the train, I was given a summons to appear in court. I came prepared. I had arguments, defenses, and photographs…I approached the bench and began the presentation. But the judge didn’t want to hear any of it. He just dismissed the charges. I was still trying to give the presentation as my father motioned, “He just dismissed the charges, leave the judge alone, and get out of the court!” It was sort of a foreshadowing of salvation. Even now as born-again Believers…so often we try to convince GOD to bless us, to love us, to provide for us, to protect and defend us. But we don’t have to. He’s the One who had to convince us to be saved! He loves us freely and gladly He has chosen to give us the kingdom. So stop trying to convince GOD what you want, and let Him convince you of the love and blessings He wants to give you…when YOU rest your case at the Judge’s Bench.”

Yeshua reminds us in Luke 12:31-32what our focus should be, and when applied, will end the behavior that has dogged me and others in trying to convince YHWH of how to bless, love, provide, protect and defend us. As I stand before the righteous Judge and Creator, ELOHIM, I must admit, guilty as charged. However, I’m thankful for Yeshua’s reminder, that if we confess our sins and problematic areas of our life in prayer, He is faithful and just to cleanse us and deliver us from all unrighteousness. So as I have tackled this problem, I am embracing the peace it is now bringing to this area of my life because I hve been reminded by our our holy and great “defense attorney, Yeshua, that the verdict now reads, “Forgiven!” Praise Adonai ELOHIM!

31 But seek the kingdom of GOD, and all these things shall be added to you. 32 “Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom.” (Luke 12:31-32)

In His service,
– being filled up with brokenness, emptying of self to be a vessel of His living water to a dry and barren people who desire to come out from among them - the desert of death; and be introduced to the LORD of eternal life…

py thomas
© April 23, 2013

 

No comments:

Post a Comment