Thursday, October 31, 2013

Why I Turned Into a Sheep


Why I Turned Into A Sheep
by py thomas
© October 31, 2013


 
Psalm 23 was the meditation of my heart today.  Here are the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart on this day full of the new mercies of our Creator, Elohim stirred my spirit as I considered Psalm 23. 

Abba Father, who is in Heaven, on this glorious new day full of Your mercies, I enter Your gates with thanksgiving and Your courts with praise.  Why?  Because You have given us the Good Shepherd, Yeshua the Messiah (Jesus Christ).  

Not only in Your appearance in our lives when we cry out to You O Most High GOD, Your Son Yeshua the Messiah  is our Good Shepherd.  He is the one that is leading us to the green pastures away from the dried out places and unfertile places in our lives; and besides the still waters of Your shalom (peace) so that our thirst can be satisfied and our souls restored to the Father’s original created purpose before sin corrupted everything.  Thank  You!

ADONAI, I delight in Your path of righteousness, Your Torah – this is the Word that is a lamp to my feet that I might see Your truth and instructions so I CAN be led by it for Your namesake, BECAUSE Yeshua IS the author and finisher of our faith; and is worthy of the credit, the honor and praise.  So I thank You and bless HaShem!

Even in this sin-filled and fallen world shrouded in death, I thank You ADONAI that I never have to afraid, for You are with us as we sojourn in this life, this valley of death.  Now dead to sin, but being made alive in Yeshua, I thank You for Your divine influence (grace) that I can navigate through this valley without being consumed!  It is Yeshua’s rod and staff that comforts me because You Father, Yehovah Shamah are my ever-present God no matter what’s going on in my life.  So I humble myself with gratitude and say “thank YOU!”

How bountiful are the testimonies ADONAI gives to those who worship and follow Him in mind, body soul and spirit, for He continuously makes provision for us in the presence of our enemies, so that the sheep of Yeshua,  will be encouraged and strengthened by ADONAI’s promises because He has remembered and considers that our frames are dust.  And yet, this dusty frame has been given a heart to seek after You ADONAI because of Yeshua.  Oh how I delight in Your presence and bless You!

It is the anointing oil of the Holy One of Isra’el that has mercifully been poured out over His predestined, His chosen for His purposes to be accomplished in our life and the lives of others.   Just as it was as You anointed King David; and as it was with the overflowing of the oil that a woman and her two sons at risk, obeyed YHVH’s prophet, Elisha and received more than enough – taken out of danger – bondage of slavery cancelled and  freed from the debt owed. 

Oh Lamb of ADONAI,  the Messiah Yeshua continues to pay for those who would believe the ransom for their freedom.   So in thanksgiving, along with others, I lift my heart, my head and hands to receive the anointing oil so that it may overflow into the lives of the other sheep who hear the Shepherd’s voice and answer His call.

Truly ADONAI’s goodness and mercy surround me from my conception to eternity as I invite and welcome Yeshua the Messiah to dwell in me, that I might dwell with Him for all eternity…safe and secure in the arms of the Almighty God, ELOHIM.

Abba, Master and Creator of the universe, I thank You and I praise You alone.  A-men, Amen, Amein!

Yeshua (Jesus) IS the Good Shepherd, and that is the truth.  The question of the day is are you one of His sheep?  Whose flock do you belong to?  Who’s voice do you recognize and respond to.  So I leave you with John 10:1-16 for your contemplation (and hopefully study), which paints  a picture to us that takes us to the covenant relationships that Elohim established from the beginning, in addition to the hidden identity of the hirelings (a.k.a. robbers and thieves) who seek to kill and destroy the flock of the Good Shepherd. 

Most assuredly, I say to you, he who does not enter the sheepfold by the door, but climbs up some other way, the same is a thief and a robber. 2 But he who enters by the door is the shepherd of the sheep. 3 To him the doorkeeper opens, and the sheep hear his voice; and he calls his own sheep by name and leads them out. 4 And when he brings out his own sheep, he goes before them; and the sheep follow him, for they know his voice. 5 Yet they will by no means follow a stranger, but will flee from him, for they do not know the voice of strangers.” 6Yeshua (Jesus)  used this illustration, but they did not understand the things which He spoke to them.

7 Then 6Yeshua (Jesus)   said to them again, “Most assuredly, I say to you, I am the door of the sheep. 8 All who ever came before Me are thieves and robbers, but the sheep did not hear them. 9 I am the door. If anyone enters by Me, he will be saved, and will go in and out and find pasture. 10 The thief does not come except to steal, and to kill, and to destroy. I have come that they may have life, and that they may have it more abundantly.

11 I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd gives His life for the sheep. 12 But a hireling, he who is not the shepherd, one who does not own the sheep, sees the wolf coming and leaves the sheep and flees; and the wolf catches the sheep and scatters them. 13 The hireling flees because he is a hireling and does not care about the sheep. 14 I am the good shepherd; and I know My sheep, and am known by My own. 15 As the Father knows Me, even so I know the Father; and I lay down My life for the sheep. 16 And other sheep I have which are not of this fold; them also I must bring, and they will hear My voice; and there will be one flock and one shepherd. (John 10:1-16)

May the peace of ADONAI through Yeshua forever be in the hearts and minds of those in covenant relationship with Him.  Shalom to those near and to those far off.

No comments:

Post a Comment