Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Where's the Outrage?


Seventy-five Cents Worth of Truth – The Bigger Picture About Trayvon Martin & George Zimmerman
by py thomas
© July 16, 2013

Here’s my seventy-five cents worth on the interview conducted by CNN’s Anderson Cooper with Juror B37 in the Zimmerman/Martin case.  I’m relieved that this juror spoke out and dispelled the assumption that they were a group of heartless women.  Half of the six did believe that Zimmerman was guilty of the 2nd degree murder charge and/or manslaughter.  Check out the link to see the full article (http://usnews.nbcnews.com/_news/2013/07/15/19488815-zimmerman-juror-he-shouldnt-have-gotten-out-of-that-car?lite

 
To be fair, the jurors were sequestered, and as Juror B37 continued in her interview, she had no idea of how high the level of attention and that it was having such an emotionally charged impact on the nation.  While some would argue that there’s no way this could be so, I believe it could be so because from a cultural standpoint, it’s hard for many to identify with what one thinks or feels based on their experiences.  I’m a Black “milkshake” (as my mother calls me - of African descent and several other races) and though I have shared with friends of mine who are white and of other cultures, they have a difficult time identifying and understanding the challenges I have experienced based on race, because that’s not their world.  I live in this skin, and they don’t.  They sympathize, but in many instances have no point of reference any more than I do when I listen to those who are materially wealthy sharing about their lives – because that has not been my experience. 

 
At the end of the day, we’re all human, and were all created from one blood.  The bigger picture is that our nation and world has a SIN PROBLEM.  We are warned in Psalms 9:17:
 

17 (16) Adonai made himself known and executed judgment;
the wicked are ensnared in the work of their own hands. (Higgayon; Selah) (CJB version)


17 The wicked shall be turned into hell, and all the nations that forget God. (KJV)


17 The wicked shall be turned into hell,
And all the nations that forget God. (NKJV)

 
The word “wicked” from the original biblical Hebrew language describes the wicked as those who know about GOD, have been exposed to His word, and yet reject it and go in their own way.  This is the sad and ugly truth about our nation, Israel and the Church.  How else would we have legalized murder (a.k.a Roe vs. Wade); and have the audacity to call it a woman’s choice.  Well it was “women’s choices” who cleared George Zimmerman of all guilt for killing Trayvon Martin.  Our rebellion is testifying against us. 

 Is anybody really listening?  We’re having prayer vigils, but what are we praying about?  Are we seeking the LORD and being pierced through about our sins – do we feel remorse or godly sorrow for having offended YHWH (GOD)? 

We have a right to express our feelings, but I encourage each of us to get real and allow the Holy Spirit to deal with us (individually and corporately). 

 
“…if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.”  (2 Chronicles 7:14)

 
This sadly is just one of many instances and warnings for us to consider our wicked ways and return to Him (fully).    You can add my  name to the list, as I too have areas of my life that I have not fully surrendered to the LORD.  But, I’m definitely committed to the task and welcome and allow the Holy Spirit to deal with me.  I do carry some of the testimonies of the LORD (like many of you), and know that He is faithful and is truly the “rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.”

 
The Lord ADONAI is quick to forgive, we’re just slow to confess.   I’m praying for our nation, Israel and the sons and daughters who have entered into the covenant of salvation we have in Yeshua (Jesus).  This is my prayer vigil – that we come to the place of godly sorrow that yields repentance.  Selah.

 
In the strong name of ADONAI, His maidservant, py thomas

 

No comments:

Post a Comment