Monday, July 22, 2013

Are You Producing Fruit of the Spirit or Firewood?


It’s a Choice – Fruitful or Firewood
by py thomas
© July 22, 2013

 As Yeshua was facing His impending crucifixion, He gave instructions to His disciples regarding YHWH’s expectations and requirements of those who will choose to remain in covenant relationship with Him.  We need to consider this choice as well.  Will we choose to remain branches connected to the Vine, Yeshua?  Are we up for pruning, cutting back – the decreasing of self, so more of Yeshua can increase in us?  Are we willing to let go more and more?  Forgive more and more, pray more, study more?  It’s going to cost us something, it cost Yeshua everything, but are we willing truly to do this?  Or, will we become like the rich young ruler, and be saddened in our spirits upon learning about YHWH’s requirements and draw a line in the sand, and say, “enough, I’m not willing to go any further…I done enough.”

Unfortunately, many of us want His blessings, but not His requirements – we want something for nothing; and there is nothing free in creation – everything has a price.

“I am the real vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2 Every branch which is part of me but fails to bear fruit, he cuts off; and every branch that does bear fruit, he prunes, so that it may bear more fruit. 3 Right now, because of the word which I have spoken to you, you are pruned. 4 Stay united with me, as I will with you — for just as the branch can’t put forth fruit by itself apart from the vine, so you can’t bear fruit apart from me.

5 I am the vine and you are the branches. Those who stay united with me, and I with them, are the ones who bear much fruit; because apart from me you can’t do a thing. 6 Unless a person remains united with me, he is thrown away like a branch and dries up. Such branches are gathered and thrown into the fire, where they are burned up. (John 15:1-6)

If we are bearing the righteous fruit of salvation, we will be pruned.  The pruning process often involves trials and tests because as in times past, those that seek the LORD will continue to seek Him even more so when they are facing trials, tests and persecution, because they have tried Him by faith, and found Him to be faithful.

If we choose to draw closer to the Heavenly Father, YHWH in those seasons of testing, He draws closer to us; and the outcome is a greater understanding and revelation of His word – more righteous fruit.  It’s sort of like an object lesson, because the Word that He sends to us is the Word that is needed to address our immediate situation – and thus, we are more prone to APPLY it immediately.

However, it remains our choice as to whether we will submit to the season of pruning.  If we don’t  we sadly become unfruitful branches connected to the Vine, Yeshua, and will be broken off and thrown into the pile with the other branches who resisted pruning, dried up and ultimately will be burned. 

So choose you this day, who you will serve – self or the God of Creation, who has chosen you?  And, in your serving YHWH, be willing to be pruned to bear even more fruit.  The more a tree is pruned the stronger it becomes, the more fruit it produces for all that are hungry and desire to learn of the LORD, that they too can become fruitful trees planted by the rivers of “living water” that flow from Yeshua so that others too can have their thirst satisfied in those areas of emptiness, discouragement and loneliness. 

The pruning process will also increase our desire and ability to be more and more content in our times and seasons of being alone with YHWH.  When the pruning season is completed,  we are sent out (again), with even more of Him to share, teach, encourage and exhort about Him, to His praise and glory! 

7 “If you remain united with me, and my words with you, then ask whatever you want, and it will happen for you. 8 This is how my Father is glorified — in your bearing much fruit; this is how you will prove to be my talmidim (disciples). (John 15:7-8)

The Lord ADONAI has chosen us to hear Him.  Yeshua tell us that:

16 You did not choose me, I chose you; and I have commissioned you to go and bear fruit, fruit that will last; so that whatever you ask from the Father in my name he may give you. (John 15:16)

In  His Awesome Name, His maidservant,
py thomas

 

No comments:

Post a Comment