Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Can YHWH Trust You to Trust Him?


Got Light?  Can You See? 
by py thomas
© May 14, 2013


The million dollar question today, do you have the proper light to see through life's waters? 
 
Today is the eve of Shavuot / Pentecost; and the conclusion of the season of Counting of the Omer, where those of us who observe this season, allow the Holy Spirit to examine and search us out as it relates to our walk of faith and how it is, or is not applied to our lives. For me personally, it has truly been a time of serious introspection. 
 
It is my prayer and hope that those who read this blog will be encouraged and strengthened in the promises and requirements of our covenant of salvation we have mercifully received from the LORD, through His son, Yeshua (Jesus) the Messiah and our Savior.

So here we are at the conclusion of the season of Counting the Omer, and the impending celebration of Shavuot/Pentecost - the NEW BEGINNING.   I was led to meditate and study of Psalm 36, with a special emphasis on verses 8 through 12:

7 How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!
Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
8 They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house,
And You give them drink from the river of Your pleasures.
9 For with You is the fountain of life;
In Your light we see light.

10 Oh, continue Your lovingkindness to those who know You,
And Your righteousness to the upright in heart.
11 Let not the foot of pride come against me,
And let not the hand of the wicked drive me away.
12 There the workers of iniquity have fallen;
They have been cast down and are not able to rise.

Thus, I have resolved  that I shall be satisfied with the anointed temple You (ELOHIM) are building and repairing in me through Yeshua. You shall water and refresh me from Your river that’s like a winter torrent/a flood of abundantly pleasing refreshing; and I shall not look to the world or people, but depend on you.   
 
This is the new beginning You O Mighty GOD desire for us – to come up higher and be abundantly refreshed and rejuvenated from Your fountain of life that we may see even clearer from the light that illuminates from You, for us to see with greater clarity that which we need to fill up in and by You.   I personally thirst for the true and living God and for His refreshing, His new beginnings on this eve of Shavuot/Pentecost.  
I realize that the true richness of my faith will be to be found that YHWH can trust me to trust Him – my Creator and Righteous Judge. It is through the seasons of my testing that I take a step closer to this truth. Even when I slip and step backwards and go in my own way instead of trusting Him, it too can be a step forward when I’m willing to be honest and accountable, confessing to Him (YHWH); and confessing my trespasses to my like-minded brothers and sister in Yeshua  in accordance with the requirements of His Word and covenant of salvation. 


It is at this the point of accountability and confession where I have found that pride is dismantled and replaced with a spirit of humility – a needed characteristic that needs to be developed in all of the sons and daughters of the Most High God. Truly the road to decrease so He (Yeshua) can increase even more in us is a life-long pursuit of holiness and the call of surrender to obedience. Selah.

Yeshua (Jesus) is indeed the light of the world, which directs us to the Heavenly Father. He (Yeshua) is the provider of a well-lit path to see and be drawn into closer communion with the Creator, ELOHIM - to become one (echbad); and be on one accord with Him and those like-minded in the covenant of salvation. Shalom.
 
In His name, for there is none greater in the Heavens and Earth - one of many maid/bondservants to Yeshua,
py thomas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment